Business & Corporate Law, Formation & Transactions
Businesses, whether they be corporations, limited liability companies, general or limited partnerships, business trusts, or sole proprietorships, as well as their shareholder, partner, and member owners, require skillful legal representation throughout their life cycles, from formation to dissolution or liquidation, and at every stage in between. Attorney David B. Tatge, a former Certified Public Accountant, principal of David B. Tatge, PLLC has over 30 years of experience as a practicing lawyer in meeting the legal needs of business clients, in all their various circumstances.
An internationally known and respected authority on factoring and business finance law, David has successfully addressed the legal concerns of businesses clients of all sizes, from individual shareholders, partners and members to large banks, pension funds, and multinational corporations.
David has represented business clients in a wide range of industries, including apparel, auto sales, banking and finance, higher education, government contracting, footwear, healthcare, high technology, insurance companies, investment banks, manufacturers and real estate businesses. His clients have ranged from established public companies, to start-ups and private companies. David B. Tatge, PLLC is dedicated to forming long-term working relationships with its business clients and to helping them achieve both their short- and longer-term goals. The firm’s legal services in this area include assistance with:
- Entity planning, selection, and structuring
- Drafting of corporate articles, limited liability company (LLC) operating agreements, and partnership agreements
- Drafting of member, shareholder, and partner agreements
- Preparation of corporate bylaws, minutes, and reports
- Advice regarding capitalization and financing, including compliance with securities laws.
Business Transactions and Issues
- Business finance, whether by sale of equity, assets, business loans, factoring or other forms of trade finance
- Creditors' rights
- Opinion letters
- Negotiation, drafting, and review of contracts, leases, and other business agreements
- Resolution of shareholder, member and partner disputes
- Mergers, acquisitions, sales and reorganizations
- Franchising and distributorship
- General counsel to management
Liquidation, Sale or Dissolution
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Purchase and sales of businesses or divisions
- Corporate reorganizations and dissolutions
- LLC and partnership dissolutions
David Tatge's broad, multidisciplinary experience and decades of practice have given him a remarkable depth of knowledge of the legal and financial needs of corporations and other business clients. He is a creative thinker whose innovative strategies help clients of the firm achieve their current goals, prevent unnecessary and potentially disruptive litigation in the future, and resolve disputes successfully, in a cost effective manner, when they arise.
Based in Oak Hill, Virginia, David B. Tatge PLLC serves clients throughout the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area, nationwide, and internationally.