Factoring, Asset-Based Lending and Other Business Finance
Attorney David B. Tatge is one of the foremost U.S. experts in commercial finance law and transactions. An elected fellow of the prestigious American College of Commercial Finance Lawyers, he is primary author of the leading treatise on factoring law, world-wide, which has been variously described as "the single best volume on factoring" and a 'must read' for professionals who work in the business." He is one of the few American lawyers to have actually structured a successful reverse factoring, aka supply chain finance facility, has represented both lenders and borrowers in traditional commercial loan transactions, and has counseled clients in both purchase order finance and other trade finance matters. He also represents clients in business disputes and litigation in all of these areas and has served as an expert witness.
Exceptional Experience in Factoring and Commercial Finance
With over 30 years of legal experience in factoring and commercial finance transactions, and in related litigation, prior to which he worked as a Certified Public Accountant (as a “Big 8” tax manager and, later, as the Director of Taxation of a private holding company with over $500 million in assets) David is uniquely positioned to serve the needs of factors, asset-based lenders , commercial finance companies, purchase order financiers, as well as the factoring clients, borrowers, guarantors and others who deal with them.
- Negotiating, structuring, drafting and reviewing commercial finance transactions, including factoring (the purchase of accounts receivable by the factor at a discount, traditionally, with credit-risk assumed on factor-approved accounts), and asset-based loans, as well as credit enhancements thereto, such as guarantees;
- Counseling clients regarding letters of credit, purchase order financing, and other trade finance matters;
- Capital raises, mergers and acquisitions by equity (stock) transactions;
- Advising commercial financiers, banks, and other lenders, as well as private and public companies;
- Advising clients when disputes arise in commercial finance transactions, and
- Dealing with tax and regulatory authorities in these areas.
David's clients have included old-line as well as recourse commercial factors, banks, business finance companies and other commercial lenders, investment banking groups, borrowers and sellers and buyers of stock, both public and private. His experience in practicing and writing about factoring law is so significant that his help has been enlisted by foreign countries to draft their own factoring laws.
Based in Oak Hill, Virginia, David B. Tatge PLLC serves clients throughout the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area, the United States, and internationally.